Many people who have been hurt at work are unsure about whether they will qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. Others have questions about what benefits they will receive, and when. Some workers worry about whether the benefits will be enough to get them through a difficult time.
At McDonald & Woodward, P.C., Attorneys At Law, we can answer your questions about workers’ compensation. Our Davenport work injury benefits lawyers have been helping injured workers in Iowa and Illinois get the benefits they need for more than 70 years.
What Are The Three Kinds Of Benefits?
If you qualify for workers’ compensation, you will generally be entitled to three kinds of benefits. They are:
1) Medical benefits that cover treatment for your work-related injuries
2) Wage benefits that provide missing income while you are recovering
3) Permanency benefits that you receive after you return to work — these cash benefits are awarded based in part on the effect the injury has on your ability to work and your employability
We Can Answer Your Questions And Explain Your Rights
You may have other questions about workers’ comp and your legal rights, such as:
- Is my injury covered by workers’ comp? How can I find out?
- Will there be negative consequences of filing a claim? Could I lose my job?
- What doctor should I see?
- How soon can I start receiving benefits?
- What if my claim was already turned down?
- What if I already had a problem that got worse because of my job?
We can explain how Iowa workers’ comp benefits work. We can make sure you understand your rights. We can help you get the benefits you are entitled to.
Work Injury Compensation Attorneys Serving Bettendorf And The Quad Cities
Contact us for a consultation about your case.
If we represent you in a workers’ compensation matter, you will not pay any legal fees unless you receive benefits.