Location: Davenport, Iowa
Email: E-mail Me
Elliott R. McDonald III has over 31 years of civil jury trial experience. He has tried over 100 civil jury trials to verdict and has tried a similar number of trials to the court without jury.
As lead counsel, he has successfully tried cases involving complex matters such as products liability, professional negligence, wrongful death, brain injury, governmental tort claim liability and civil rights liability.
He regularly handles worker’s compensation matters before the Iowa Workers’ Compensation Commission.
He also provides representation to professionals before state regulatory and licensing boards.
He has written and argued a substantial number of appeals in both state and federal appellate courts throughout his career.
Elliott is a hearing officer and pro bono mediator for the Davenport Civil Rights Commission.
He has received an AV (highest available) peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Elliott has been accepted as a fellow in the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, whose membership in is limited to 250 attorneys whose primary dedication is to trial practice. Membership is by invitation only, with unanimous approval of its governing board.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Trials and Appeals
- Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Workers Compensation
- Professional Malpractice
- Employment law
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- B.A. – 1978
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa, 1981
- Honors: With Distinction
Honors and Awards
- AV peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fellow, Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Defense Research Institute
- Iowa Defense Council
- Scott County Bar Association
- Rock Island Co. Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Mediation services to the Davenport Civil Rights Commission on discrimination in employment and housing matters.
- Phi Beta Kappa