The beautiful weather has stayed with us following the 4th of July weekend and many motorcyclists will likely be out enjoying the summer festivities on their bikes. To avoid accidents, riders should pay special attention to the most frequent causes of motorcycle accidents to avoid trouble:
· Head-on collisions account for most of the accidents involving cars and motorcycles. Stay alert and dress in bright colors to be seen.
· Cars making left hand turns at intersections pose a real danger to bikers – defensive driving is key.
· Lane splitting occurs when a motorcycle drives between two lanes of stopped or slowly moving cars. Unsuspecting motorists may pull out in front of a motorcycle causing injury so proceed with caution always.
· Motorcycle speeding & driving are activities that are incompatible with safe motorcycle operation and should be avoided.
· Motorcycles striking fixed objects like light fixtures or road hazards such as potholes or uneven pavement can result in severe injuries. With all the road construction going on during the summertime in Iowa, motorcyclists should be on the lookout for problem areas on roads.
Contact an Experienced Iowa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Despite a motorcycle rider’s best efforts and his or her experience, motorcycle accidents do occur due another driver’s negligence. Many times it is because other motorists, individuals or companies do not act responsibly, which may result in a motorcycle accident injury or even a motorcycle accident fatality. If you or your family member was injured due to negligence in an Iowa motorcycle accident, contact a personal injury attorney that has decades of experience representing riders and obtaining justice and compensation for their losses.